- GEM structures, executes and monitors its transactions. The firm both self-sources its transactions and has 450+ signed agreements in over 65 countries with agents, brokers, bankers, accountants, lawyers, etc. which give GEM access to a steady stream of non-auction deal flow.
- GEM believes that due diligence on people is very important. Accounting, legal and operational due diligence provide our principals with only part of the picture.
- GEM has been consistently successful in aligning the goals of all constituencies involved in a transaction before and during the holding period.
- GEM takes an active role in its portfolio companies providing not only strategic and tactical direction but also an expanded professional network for our companies to leverage.
- GEM is in the business of capital appreciation and analyzes exit options long before it deploys capital into any of its investments.
- GEM transactional structures span a wide array of risk-mitigated instruments and the firm constantly seeks alternative and new ways to create value.
- GEM provides post-transactional support to further enhance the long-term success of portfolio companies and the firm's investors.